Monday, July 19, 2010

Fourth of July, Western PA style

Dad and I have gone to the local Fourth of July parade for three years now and have enjoyed each one. I thought I would share some photos from our exciting day...

I always like to see the color guard walk by. An eight-year-old boy sang the national anthem before the parade started. He did a nice job.

We think next year we will ride in the parade...this couple gave us the idea. We want all of the kids to come home next year and join us. I'll start on costumes right now!


If I'm still alive. If not, I can ride in this vehicle.


Go Steelers!! (and Packers and Patriots)!!



Here's the one marching band in the parade. Wish there would have been more. What's a parade without a bunch of bands?



But, what we didn't have in bands, we made up for in horses...



And more horses...(I could have added a few more pictures but I think you get the idea).




Maybe Dad should be a clown next year, pulling a big spider.




The Shriners perform some daring maneuvers which I think are pretty scary-they weave in and out and form lines and do other crazy things. If one person messes up, there's trouble!






Oops, this picture should have been the one following the horses, since that is what he did. Followed the horses...with his shovel.






And of course we have tractors...green ones;

Little red ones...


And more, but I'll let you use your imagination. (Think blue, orange, yellow.)
It was a nice parade which lasted about an hour. There were lots of fire trucks and ladder trucks and ambulances too, from a lot of the surrounding communities. Luckily no fire whistles sounded during the parade so we were able to enjoy them all - along with the candy everyone threw out from the windows. Anyone want a Tootsie Roll?












1 comment:

Hannah said...

haha what's with the clown pulling a spider?? So random.

Looks like you guys had fun... Abby loves parades but has only seen one.