Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ahhhh.....

For our anniversary in March, the kids got us a dual control heated mattress pad. When we opened the box, I must admit we thought it was a nice gift, but just a little extravagant, especially after we saw the price on the invoice. Dad thought we should send it back, but I said let's give it a try...we don't have to use it if we don't like it. So I put it on the bed and thought those little wires running through the pad are going to be annoying to sleep on - kind of like the "Princess and the Pea" story.

Time for bed and I turn on both controls to 'high' before I brush my teeth. While I am brushing, Dad gets in bed and calls out to me "you're going to like this". I go to the bedroom and dad is enjoying the warm bed so I climb in and he was right....I really liked it. I had never put the flannel sheets on the bed this year and sometimes the sheets were so cold. When my feet are cold, I can't sleep - I rub them on the sheets for friction or hold them against Dad's legs but they just don't warm up. Finally I resorted to soaking them in hot water before bed which someone in the house thought was ridiculous but it did the trick. But since getting the mattress pad, so more soaking my feet. It is wonderful to have a warm bed.

But a word of warning - don't fall asleep with the control still set at 'high' because you will wake up in the middle of the night, sweating, and looking for a cool spot which you won't be able to find.

Thank you, kids, for the gift - we won't be using it much more this year but I am already looking foward to winter and those cold nights when I will be toasty warm!!

No comments: