Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The last few days have been busy - played dominoes with my nursing home buddies (and won four out of seven games!). Dad asked me once if I let them win, and I usually do, but this time I decided to win if I could - not that dominoes is very hard to play...Anyway, I won four and could have won another one, but decided to draw more dominoes instead. I just told the ladies that I must have gotten up on the right side of the bed that morning. It doesn't take much to get these women to laugh. I then played a little "dinner music" for another group for an hour before going home to spend some time with Gma and Gpa Siebach.

I took Gma to the library with me while I did my volunteer work - she sat in the reading room and enjoyed books about the history of Ford City, Kittanning, and Butler. When I was done we all went to Brookville for dinner at Fox's Pizza.

We watched American Idol too - Gma and Gpa had never seen it before. Kristy has got to go. I had control of the remote (unbelievable!) and would switch back and forth between American Idol and The Biggest Loser. At the end of that show, Gpa decided he wouldn't have to watch that show again. I think the tears and hugging of the men didn't appeal to him too much - pretty dramatic.

I visited with another library volunteer today while I worked - for some reason we were talking about books and then it turned to war and she mentioned her brother was a POW in Germany for six months during WWII - he fought in the Battle of the Bulge and was captured then. He didn't talk much about his experiences and I remember my dad (who also served in WWII) didn't talk about it either. I guess they just did what they had to do and fortunately survived. We are lucky we live where we do and have not had to experience war in our backyards.

No comments: