Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Prevention is the best medicine

I forgot to write about the "Prevention" challenge that Emma, Molly, and I are doing (Hannah and Shauna - are you in the loop?). Molly found an article in Prevention magazine about walking a marathon which included a day-by-day plan to prepare for it. I can't imagine myself walking for five hours one Saturday, but we'll see what happens when that day arrives - I'll probably be busy that day....

Anyway, here's my update. Day Three has been accomplished - I'm right on target, having started on Monday. I hope to keep you updated on my progress. The day I don't write about it will be the day that I quit, fail, give up, don't see any progress, sleep in, get lazy, all of the above. Wish me luck!! And good luck to all who try this program.

3 comments:

Emma and John said...

good job mom! we are keeping up (at least I am!) you are doing the six week program first, right?

sos said...

yes, the six week program. i just finished day four - endurance walk. don't look ahead - today it was 8 cycles, by week six it's MUCH more.

Hannah said...

Umm.. I have not heard of this. Does this mean I'm safe? :)