Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Bugged!!

Before you start to read, here is my disclaimer....the topic is disgusting and gross. I am not writing this to keep you from visiting us, but just to let you know the situation I am in at the moment - buggy!!

Pennsylvania, especially our home, has been inundated with beetles that look like ladybugs - I call them "faux" ladybugs - they are small with dots on their backs and when you pick them up they smell so you want to use a kleenix or papertowel to get rid of them. But since we have so many, we just keep the vacuum out to suck them up.

Today I went into our bathroom and it looked like a combat zone - it was scary to walk in because of all the bugs on the floor, window and walls. So I got out the vacuum and started counting. I have been counting in the past but today I could see a record being made! Now there are some flies in the head count here because they are as disgusting and bothersome as the beetles. Are you ready? 168 of those horrible creatures!!! I sucked them up and then went to my bedroom to take care of the problem (about 2 minutes away from the bathroom), went back to the bathroom and found more!! I don't know where they come from but I am ready to call an exterminator.

Okay, so now I go downstairs to my living room. There is a bird outside the window, trying to get to the bugs that are inside the house flying around and sitting on the window sill. I couldn't believe it! I pull out the downstairs vacuum and get to work....at least 70 bugs and flies. Finally, I have them all which is difficult to do because they seem to come out of the woodwork so you have to look very carefully.

Done...or so I think. I put the vacuum away and glance down...and there's a bug on the front of my shirt....aarrrgghh (a Charlie Brown favorite saying).

Life in Pennsylvania.....come and visit anytime!

3 comments:

Emma and John said...

Oh that is so disgusting! I know exactly what bugs you're talking about too. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about them!

Shauna said...

We have spiders in our house so I know how you feel. They are no where near as bad, but it still drives me crazy when I see them. Good luck!

Mike S. said...

Let the birds in to do the job. Then you can kill and grill them for dinner.